防洪抗洪

[复制链接]
2327 247
sienl  曼省名人  发表于 2009-3-24 06:07:43 | 显示全部楼层
这里指的南部,应该是指那些乡村地区的,所以winnipeg不用太担心的

举报 使用道具

回复 支持 反对
Yan  版主  发表于 2009-3-24 12:39:35 | 显示全部楼层
If you live in the city, don\'t worry. We are protected by the flood way. My house is only five minutes from the river and I\'m not worried. If my house goes, Winnipeg is gone.

举报 使用道具

回复 支持 反对
Yan  版主  发表于 2009-3-24 12:40:46 | 显示全部楼层
Don\'t worry...............Be Happy.............Spring is coming.............We go through this every year.

举报 使用道具

回复 支持 反对
MaryBaby  游客  发表于 2009-3-24 12:45:53 | 显示全部楼层
apparently, there are a lot of troubles created for the howowners.
check your basement!!
Mary

举报 使用道具

回复 支持 反对
Yan  版主  发表于 2009-3-24 13:06:29 | 显示全部楼层
We check several times a day

Our sum pump was pumping like crazy last weekend.  Everybody on our street were out trying to get the drainage basins working again. They were covered by lots of ice and snow. It was a lot of work. I\'m glad we got it done early. There is no water on our street anymore. don\'t wait for the city to do it.

举报 使用道具

回复 支持 反对
Yan  版主  发表于 2009-3-24 13:07:44 | 显示全部楼层
Our basment is protected by Delta wrap. We are not too worried. I do think we should get another sum pump in the future. Just to be sure.

举报 使用道具

回复 支持 反对
rokey  曼省名人  发表于 2009-3-24 13:12:01 | 显示全部楼层
mama~i want to go back to china~

举报 使用道具

回复 支持 反对
Yan  版主  发表于 2009-3-25 15:25:53 | 显示全部楼层
The City of Winnipeg today warned homeowners along low-lying areas of the Red River to get ready to sandbag -- and everyone else in the city to prepare for possible basement flooding.

The warning comes as workers started breaking up thick ice north of Selkirk to prevent big ice jams that caused severe flooding in Selkirk two years ago.

In Winnipeg, officials said this year’s forecasted flood could require between 50,000 and 760,000 sandbags, which would be sent out to 292 homes that need to shore up flood defences. Most of the homes are along the river-side of Scotia Avenue, Turnbull Drive and Kingston Row.

Barry MacBride, director of the city’s Water and Waste Department, said these homeowners are already aware of the flood risk and will be contacted by the city about this spring’s preparations. Officials said it’s too early to sandbag now, as there is still snow on the ground and the earth underneath is frozen.

All Winnipeggers who live along the rivers should move or secure any structures or equipment near the water’s edge, such as docks, sheds, gazebos, irrigation pumps and recreational equipment, officials advised, noting that rising river levels will affect each property owner differently.

MacBride also said homeowners should make sure their sewer back-up valves are working. Those with sump pumps should also make sure they’re in working order.

On Monday the province said Winnipeg and the Red River Valley is likely to experience a flood similar to 1979 and 1950, but likely not as severe as the \"Flood Of The Century\" in 1997.

Smaller communities may see residents evacuated, ring dikes closed and water covering highways and considerable farmland.

Such a flood is expected even if temperatures and precipitation levels don’t rise above average in the coming weeks. The bulk of the water is moving north from Minnesota and North Dakota, which received a large amount of snowfall over the past month.

City and provincial officials say the city and the rest of the Red River Valley -- from the U.S. border to Selkirk -- are much better prepared to withstand a large flood than it was in 1997, including a widened floodway.

At Selkirk, crews will work over the next few weeks to break up as much ice as possible so that when high water moves up from the U.S. it pushes the broken ice north without jamming at two bridges.

The goal is for flood water to flush ice into Netley Creek without spilling into low-lying areas of Selkirk or threatening homes north of Selkirk.

举报 使用道具

回复 支持 反对
paldon  曼省名人  发表于 2009-3-25 21:38:37 | 显示全部楼层
昨天我的朋友去美国,说看到flood way里已经有很多水了

举报 使用道具

回复 支持 反对
sienl  曼省名人  发表于 2009-3-26 00:37:25 | 显示全部楼层
昨天我的朋友去美国,说看到flood way里已经有很多水了
paldon 发表于 2009-3-25 21:38

估计现在又全冻上了- =

举报 使用道具

回复 支持 反对